Low Glycemic Juice – A Blend of Berries
Today I’m sharing one of my go to fresh fruit juice/smoothie. It’s called the berry blend which is a mixture or 2-3 types of berries e.g. Cranberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blackberries etc. It’s a great way to get fresh fruit juice loaded with lots of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants while controlling your carbohydrate and sugar intake. You can also add nutritious seeds like Flax or Chai seeds which is high in omega 3 fatty acids, protein and antioxidants.
- Cold Water or Coconut Water
- Chai or Flax Seeds
- Get fresh or frozen berries. I used Strawberries and Blueberries but you can use other types of berries low in carbohydrate and sugar e.g. Cranberries, Raspberries, Blackberries.
- Put all the berries in the blender and add ice water or coconut water.
- Blend it all for 2 minutes in your Juicer/Blender until it’s smooth and you can add ice to the blender to make your smoothie icy. I use the Vitamix A2500 and it works great in making different types of juices, smoothies and even soups.
- You can add a spoon of chai or flax seeds to the smoothie before or after blending.
- Pour your finished smoothie in a cup, jar or bottle and you’re good to go.