Where to Shop and How to Style your Polka Dot Dress
Today’s post is about where to shop and how to style your polka dot dresses. Polka dots are timeless prints and this season I’ve been obsessing over them. There are so many ways to style polka dot dresses which I’ll show below with this Pink Dress from Ross and Green Dress from SheIn.
- Before you buy something, make sure it’s an item that you need, love and can incorporate it into your current wardrobe easily to create multiple looks. Functionality is key, you want pieces that work for your body, budget and your lifestyle. You should not be shopping for clothes that only sit in your closet like it’s a museum.
- When looking to buy a particular item, start by going to your favorite stores. If you notice, I shop from the same stores. I have my top 10 stores I go to for clothes and maybe top 5 stores I go to for shoes and accessories which I share in my blog posts and add to my store. So, if you’re planning to shop online, go to the stores website, type a description of what you’re looking for (e.g. Polka dot dresses) on their website search engine. The only time I shop by browsing, is when I’m not sure what I want, but this method of just searching takes a lot longer.
- I’m a big online shopper. I love the convenience of shopping while lounging on my couch and I also love when I can find what I need in a short amount of time. I also don’t like trying on clothes, so if you’re like me, make sure you review the details of the product (like the fabric, size chart and product reviews). For example, I’ve learned that NY & Co and ASOS sizes run big so I usually downsize when I shop there.
- Polka dot dresses comes in different styles and cuts and you can wear a mini, midi or maxi dress with different sleeves and neckline details based on your preference and body type. If you want to elongate your body, you can wear a mini or midi with heels. If you want to cover your arms but show your beautiful neckline, then wear an off-shoulder style and if you want to define your waistline, you can add a belt etc. You can create any look you want if you always know what you want and if you don’t know, then play around and see how you look and feel.
- You can create an elegant and classic look by dressing them up with pumps or platform heels, dress them down with sneakers, flat shoes or sandals and add some edge to it with boots and booties. This is based on the season, the occasion you’re dressing for and your lifestyle.
- Regardless of what style of polka dress you wear, you can always have fun accessorizing to create different looks e.g. with your handbag, scarf, hat, jewelry etc. You can also layer with a top, coat. jacket, sweater, vest or wear a mini dress with straight or skinny pants, pantyhose, socks etc.
- As I always say, have fun with it. Style is self-expression so make sure you’re comfortable, confident and authentic. But if in doubt and need some more help shopping and styling yourself, then come back to my blog or email me to get my Personal Shopping & Styling Services.
I hope this has been helpful. Click on the links and pictures to get more details and shop looks. And until next time, stay blessed and fabulous.