Behind the Magic – Juice Knits
Today on “Behind the Magic” is my interview with the Creative Director of Juice Knits. Uju is a 20 something year old woman who is living life on her own terms. With a BSc. in Computer Science, an MBA and now starting Juice Knits, she has merged the world of IT, Business and Fashion to create a place for herself in the world. Although she still works full time in cooperate America, she manages to juggle all her responsibilities by getting organized, prioritizing and setting out time every day to run her business right from her in home studio, and the future seems even brighter.
Juice Knits is an American fashion brand for infants and children. This brand personifies the Afro-centric style of Uju by merging carefully hand-crafted crochet pieces with Ankara prints. Her ready to wear clothes, shoes and accessories collections are known for its versatility in the choice of fabric color and patterns, and each product tells a story of love.
I hope you enjoy this interview and get an insight into the woman who has taken children’s fashion to the next level.
- How did your business get started?
I already had a passion for knitting and decided to monetize it. I also decided to create a niche for Ankara infused with knits.
- What did you want to be at 5 years old?
Astronaut. I thought it would be fun and cool to go to the moon.
- Where will you like to be 1year and 10years from now?
In 1year, I want to be right here with a growing biz and in 10years, wherever life and love takes me.
- What’s keeping you excited and busy right now?
Work and business.
- What’s the first thing you do when you have an idea?
Find a way to make it.
- What’s creativity to you?
It’s creating something different and unique.
- What 3 words describe your style?
Personally – Simple, Simple, Simple but for my business (kids) – Bold, Colorful, Unique.
- What’s your favorite accessory?
I always have to wear earrings.
- If you could raid someone’s closet, who would it be?
Beyoncé or Michelle Obama.
- What’s your favorite fashion trend of all time?
- Who’s your favorite designer?
lol. Tribe of Dumo.
- What are your hobbies?
I love knitting/crocheting, puzzles and being with family.
- What are you currently watching on TV?
I watch a lot of TV shows. At the moment, I’m watching the last ship.
- Who inspires you?
- What or who makes you laugh?
Almost everything and mostly my sister Ijeoma.
- What 3 qualities are required for success?
Hard Work, Persistence, Positivity
- What 3 things do you need to be happy?
Family, Love, Stability.
- What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
Being an unaccompanied minor flying to Amsterdam. It’s nothing now, but believe me when I say it was an adventure back then.
- What’s your biggest fear?
I hate small spaces, I’m claustrophobic,
- What’s the biggest thing you’ve learned within the last year?
- How did you know what to do with your life?
Never really knew for sure. I just knew I loved helping people and I loved knitting, so figured out ways to do both.
- One word to describe your life.
- Who will you like to work with?
Tribe of Dumo, and guess what? Lol… I do.
- Who will you like to have a drink/meal with?
Michelle Obama and Michael Jackson.
- What’s the best compliment you’ve received?
You’re a peaceful person.
- Money or fame?
- How do you want to be remembered?
I want to be remembered as someone who showed love where ever she went and touched lives.
- What advice will you give your younger self?
- How can people contact and follow you?
IG – @juiceknits
Facebook – JuiceKnits
- How can people shop your children’s clothing line?
I would take the “money” too over fame. I really admire how ambitious she is:)
lol me too. Money is more practical and she’s definitely multi talented and ambitious, I love it. Thanks for the love on my post.