Behind the Magic – Enza Accessories
In the spotlight today, is the beautiful and multi talented Xoli, who is the woman behind Enza Accessories. When I first met Xoli last year during one of the Zuvaa Pop Up Tours in Houston, there was something very special about her. From her distinctive natural hair crown to her bold and unique jewelry pieces, and how she carried herself with so much grace, strength and class, she reminded me of a true African queen. She is an example of a woman having it all because not only is she a wife and mother, she’s also a savvy business woman who went from working as a Financial Advisor at Merrill Lynch to turning an opportunity into a successful business.
This is a sneak peek behind the magic and it is inspirational, educational and real. Read through and leave questions or comments below.
1. Tell us a little about Enza Accessories?
Enza Accessories is a brand that was born from my love of all things African. We bring to the world authentic and bespoke African jewelry.
2. Explain how your brand was born?
While on one of my many trips back to my birth country South Africa, I had friends in Atlanta requesting me to bring them some of the jewelry I wear from South Africa and they offered to pay me for my services. Orders started to started pouring in and the rest is history.
3. So who is Xoli, the woman behind the brand?
I’m a wife, a mother and a savvy business woman who has embraced her surroundings while staying true to her roots.
4. Where do you live and what’s your favorite thing about your city?
Atlanta has been my home for most of my adult life. I love the city and all the opportunities that it affords thse that dare to dream.
5. What are your favorites things to do?
I enjoy entertaining and cooking for those dear to me. Did I mention travelling? I also enjoy going on culinary expeditions in every city I visit all over the world, to experience the local cuisine.
6. Can you describe your style in 3 words?
Bold, eclectic, minimalist.
7. What’s more youre style, Diamonds or Pearls?
8. Heels or Flats?
9. What’s your favorite accessory?
Big chunky neck pieces.
10. What’s your favorite fashion trend of all time?
African wax fabrics. It’s always been a constant in my closet.
11. Who’s your favorite fashion icon?
I actually have two, Dorothy Dandridge and Iman.
12. What did you want to be at 5 years old?
I wanted to work at the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. I guess that somewhat came true as my last corporate job was with Merrill Lynch, working as a financial advisor and relying on the performances of the stock exchange.
13. What’s keeping you busy right now?
Growing Enza Accessories to be your number one African accessories house in North America and beyond.
14. Where will you like to be in 1 year and in 10 years?
1 year from now, Enza will be a household name when it comes to African Jewelry in North America, and in 10 years, I will be supplying major stores in North America.
15. How excited about life are you on a scale of 1-10 and what’s keeping you excited?
I’m a 10 right now because I know that as long as I have a positive attitude, the possibilities are endless.
16. What’s the first thing you do when you have an idea?
I write it down, and then pray about it.
17. What does creativity mean to you and what’s you creative process?
Creativity means visualizing what others don’t see yet, then bringing it to life. I’m inspired by Africa, her warm people and the different cultures which celebrate vibrant colors.
18. What are your hobbies?
Cycling and running.
19. What are you currently watching on TV and reading?
Lol… anything Disney junior (mother’s will understand). I’m also reading Ghana Must Go by Taiye Selasi.
20. Who inspires you?
I’m inspired by the many women in my life who are driven. They love their families and they have this tenacity that inspires one to keep pushing.
21. What can’t you do?
Lol… I can’t sing at all.
22. Who makes you laugh?
My precious daughter Anelisa Chiedza (notice I use her first and middle name). Lol…
23. What 3 qualities do people need for success?
Faith, tenacity and hard work.
24. What 3 things do you need to be happy?
My bible, my family/friends and a healthy body/mind.
25. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
White water river rafting down the Zambezi River in Africa.
26. What’s your biggest fear?
To fail and not be able to get back up.
27. What’s the biggest thing you’ve learned within the last year?
To have patience while trusting the process.
28. How did you know what to do with your life?
The financial world always intrigued me but fashion would always find a way to pull me back, esecially African fashion.
29. If your life was a song, what will the title be?
Katy Perry – Roar.
30. Which person, current or historical would you like to have dinner with?
Richard Branson and Nina Simone.
31. Best compliment you’ve received?
You embody the woman I want to be one day.
32. Money or fame?
33. After all is said and done, how do you want to be remembered?
I want to be remembered as a woman who loved deeply and took pride in sharing her culture and heritage with the world.
34. What advice will you give your younger self?
Dare to be different, and be afraid when your dreams do not scare you.
35. Where can can people find Enza Accessories?
Enza accessories will be on the road to different states and cities this Spring with the Zuvaa Pop Tour team but people can shop our items on
And they can contact or follow me on
Her accessories are gorgeous and i love “Behind the Magic”. Keep it up!
Thanks Kim! I appreciate it.