Brick and Lace – 10 Things to Learn from Michelle Obama
Hello darlings, Good morning!
My post today is dedicated to one of the most stylish women of our time, Michelle Obama. My look was built around the concept of being myself while remaining chic and stylish at the work place which FLOTUS embodies. As a modern woman, I’m a working woman and entrepreneur. I love outfits I can easily transition from desk to dinner while staying fabulous, and this “Brick and Lace’ look was perfect. It’s no secret that I love print, but news flash, I love lace too. I love the complexity, simplicity and femininity of lace. Today I paired both, and created this neutral aura around it to enhance my look, from my makeup to my blush accessories. Hope you love my look and shop my links below.
Now back to the special for today, First Lady Michelle Obama’s life has been a lesson for most of us as we have had front row seats to her life for the last 8 years. So today I’ll be sharing some of the things I’ve learned from her.
- Be a “First Lady” in all things – She has taught us how to be true to who we are but yet always carry ourselves with elegance and grace.
- Be Stylish, be Cool – She is always classy and makes sure her clothes represent who she really is. She has also made health and fitness a trend.
- Be Bold – She is unapologetic in how confident and assertive she is.
- Be Smart, be knowledgeable – She is a big spokesperson on getting an education and not just by words, but also by action.
- Live on Purpose – Her life is built around things she’s passionate about such as Love, Family, Education, Girls/Women, Health and Fitness etc.
- Be a Boss in Heels (Girl Boss) – She teaches girls/women to have goals, learn, grow, take charge and lead by example.
- Serve – She has been a role model and always inspires people to serve, mentor, be a champion for a cause or be the hero people need.
- Be a Champion for a minority group or the less privileged like she has been a Champion for girls.
- How to maintain a balance in life and have it all – She has been an example of a woman who has it all and has done an excellent job balancing a husband with children, a career, health, hobbies and philanthropic work without losing herself.
- Be a Class Act – She is an epitome of Beauty, Brains & Poise and has taught us that “When they go low, go high.”
Skirt – The Blue Rina Skirt from 3REEC’s – Chic Creations and Collections (here).
Sunglasses – Modern Kitty Metal Boxy Sunglasses from A’GACI (here).
Makeup – MAC Cosmetics (here)