How are you doing? I hope you’re having a great week. I was hoping to share this post last weeks as I mentioned but the past few days have been crazy busy. I attended multiple events, then CJ got sick with RSV and after his signature sneezing and blowing spit bubbles in my face, I got sick too.
I’m an old school girl when it comes to books. I love the feel of a book in my hands and the smell of the pages but with my busy lifestyle, reading my IBooks on my Ipad or listening to my audible books on my phone is more convenient.
So here’s a list of books I’ve read this year that has made a huge impact in my life. These books will not only elevate your mindset, but it will help your change your habits, get organized, give you purpose and help you be more productive and successful personally and professionally.
1.Boundaries – When to say yes, how to say no, to take control of your life. by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend.
This is about evaluating your relationship with yourself and others and learning how to set healthy boundaries. It’s a book by christian psychologists, so it approaches boundaries from a science but also faith perspective. This is a great personal development book but you can also learn alot on how to build the foundation the right way when parenting your kids.
2. Master of One – Find and focus on the work you were created to do by Jordan Raynor.
This books is great for personal but also professional development. It’s a great for people like myself with multiple talents and interest because it reminds us that just because we can do something, doesn’t mean we should. Instead he encourages everyone to find their real purpose and fully commit ourselves to it so it’s done diligently and excellently.
3. Dare to Lead – Brave work, tough conversations, whole hearts by Brene Brown.
This is a book about the fundamentals of leadership which is human connection and at the core of that is vulnerability, the courage to open up, share, trust by overcoming things like shame or insecurity that may hold you back.
4. The Total Money Makeover – A proven plan for financial fitness by Dave Ramsey.
This is a great book that gives you insight on how to eliminate and create better habits to manage your finances so you can be debt free and then go on to grow wealth.
5. The One Thing – The surprisingly simple truth behind extraordinary results by Gary Keller & Jay Papasan.
It’s a great book to help you narrow down your passion to find that one thing that’s your purpose. The one thing is like you one goal and accomplishment that lays the foundation for everything else you may want to do. The success of this one thing sets the tone for other future projects. This book teaches you how to prioritize and be more productive.
6. Daily Readings from The Power of I Am – 365 Life-Changing Devotions by Joel Osten.
I love this book because it’s like a devotional with bible verses and wonderful affirmations to elevate your mind, body, soul and spirit.
7. Unfu*k Yourself – Get out of your head and into your life by Gary John Bishop.
lol.. this book is self explanatory. It’s a self help book to help you overcome your limitations, fears and mindset blocks and do the impactful things you need to do with your life. It helps you live a more fearless life.
8. Girl, Wash Your Face – Stop believing the lies about who you are so you can become who you were meant to be by Rachel Hollis.
This book is like the advice your big sister or friend will give you about letting go of the lies and stories you’ve heard or told yourself all your life so you can overcome fear and transform your life.
9. Organizing from the Inside Out – The foolproof system for organizing your home, your office and your life by Julie Morgenstern.
This book gives you multiple resources to decluttering your life and getting organized so your space is more functional which therefore enables you to be more productive.
10. Atomic Habits – An easy & proven way to build good habits & break bad ones by James Clear.
It’s a book that teaches you about habits, what determines the types of habit you have and how you can change them. It guides you on how to stop bad habits and create better and healthier habits because who we are and how productive we are is a result of all our habits.