I hope you’re having a great week. The journey to motherhood is such a miracle and pregnancy comes with so many mental, physical and spiritual changes that can be challenging but yet so beautiful. Today I’m going to share 15 of my favorite beauty, skincare and health products I’ve used during my pregnancy to maintain my beauty, health and wellness.
Although every woman is different and their pregnancy journey may vary, most pregnant women experience the following symptoms at some point e.g. mood swings, bloating, indigestion, constipation, cravings, food aversions, fatigue, anemia, shortness of breath, weight gain and skin changes like dryness, itching, swelling, stretch marks or varicose veins. In this post, I’ve decided to list and link some of my favorite products that have helped me and will help you manage or treat the above symptoms to make your pregnancy a little more comfortable so you too can maintain your health and beauty to live your best life.
Through out my journey, I have also learned to enjoy and be thankful for every moment, be good to myself, care for my body and just love on my precious baby boy. Despite the changes to my body especially when it comes to weight gain, I have learned to focus on the beauty and miracle of my body creating and sustaining life. Also, I’ve embraced all my curves and mummy stripes (stretch marks) with grace and pride. I feel more beautiful and confident than I’ve ever felt before. What do you think? For all the mothers out there, how did you feel during your pregnancy? What advice do you want to give to other mothers and what are some of your favorite products you used?
Below are some of my favorite products right now and why. You can click the name of the product to get more details and/or shop.
Beauty & Skincare Products
1. Dove Sensitive Skin Soap – This has been great on my skin. I have very sensitive skin and I break out from a lot of other products.
2. Shea Moisture Lavender & Wild Orchid Calming 2 in 1 Bubble Bath & Body Wash with Organic Shea Butter for sensitive skin – This is a new favorite. I love the smell and how it relaxes me whenever I use it.
3. Facial Cleanser Gel – This is a plant based product that has helped my acne and it’s gentle on my skin.
4. Toner Balancing Mist – This is also a plan based product that has transformed my skin tone and texture.
5. Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 – I love this brand. Their products are calming and soothing to the skin especially if you have sensitive skin. It’s also a great product to protect your skin by preventing sunburn.
6. Stretch Mark Cream – I love this cream. It’s been amazing with the Lubriderm Lotion and Lavender Oil. I started getting some stretch marks after I crossed the 20 weeks milestone and as soon as I started using this product consistently, the stretch marks have started to fade away.
7. Lubriderm Lotion with Shea & Cocoa Butter – It’s a great product for my dry, itchy and sensitive skin. I apply it multiple times throughout the day to protect my skin.
8. Soothe Lavender & Vanilla Body oil – This contains other things like Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Calendula, Macadamia Nut Oil and much more for Dry & Sensitive Skin. I love how pure and soothing it is.
Health & Wellness Products
1. Colace (Docusate Sodium) Stool Softener – This is great to prevent constipation and hemorrhoids which is very common during pregnancy.
2. Vitafol Ultra Vitamins with DHA – This is a great prenatal vitamin especially for the women who may have a history or are anemic. This is a prescription med from my OB/GYN. I also had to make sure I was eating my green leafy vegetables to get enough iron in my diet.
3. Probiotics – This is such a great supplement to maintain Digestive and Immune Health. My husband also takes this and he loves it because he no longer gets indigestion, upset stomach and sensitivity to certain foods. For me, Probiotics has helped me with gas pains, bloating, irregular bowel movements from the side effects of IVF treatment and pregnancy.
4. Greens Blend to Go – This is a complex mix of vegetables, herbs & vitamins and it comes in 3 Flavors (chocolate, berry, orange). It alkalizes, balances and detoxifies the body. I usually put the chocolate flavor in my tea or coffee and put the orange or berry flavor in my water or freshly made smoothies.
5. Keto Coffee – This is amazing. I drank it almost every day before getting pregnant but now I drink it on some days when I need a boost in energy, mood and concentration. It also contains MCT Oil, Grass fed butter & Collagen which is great to maintain healthy bones, joints, skin and heart.
6. Plant based Protein Powder/Shake – It’s a great supplement to add to your smoothies to build up and maintain healthy muscles, bones, joint and overall cellular health. It’s soy free, non-GMO, dairy free & vegan.
7. Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea – I love my tea. It also contains probiotics & it’s caffeine free. It has helped me so much with my Digestive and Immune system to prevent me from falling ill and helping me recover quickly when I got a cold/respiratory infection.
Thank you for all the love and support always. If you have any comments, questions, feedback or recommendations, please leave them below. Remember to confirm with your Doctor before using any of these products that I’ve shared. All opinions on the products has been based on my experience using them. Have a blessed day!