First of all, the fact that you’re actually sitting down after a long day and reading my blog is amazing. I bet a lot of you are dreaming of a vacation especially with the warmer weather. To say that I’ve been looking forward to a vacation will be such an understatement. I’m actually super thrilled because (a) It’s been 6 months since my last vacation so I’m overdue for a little R & R aka Rest and Relaxation. (b) I love to travel, which gives me the opportunity to explore new places and cultures.
I’ve actually been looking forward to this vacation since I got back from my birthday cruise. So let me give you a quick recap – It was my first cruise experience and it was so much fun! We went to the Cayman Island, Jamaica, and Mexico for one week and I got to check off a few things of my bucket list which I’ll talk about on a later blog.
So with my trip around the corner, I started getting organized and started parking almost one week earlier to make sure I didn’t forget something. A great way to get ready was to make a list of what I needed and that led to my “Top 10 Things to take on Vacation”.
So here we go……..
1) My Passport – Yes you definitely need your passport or some form of identification like a Drivers License when traveling. Please make sure you find these important documents and review their details in advance to make sure they haven’t expired. The last thing you want is not being able to board your flight due to lack of ID.
2) Cash $$$ – I think this is very self explanatory because you need to make sure you have adequate finances to travel. If you’re traveling outside the country, I recommend you have cash and not just your debit or credit cards for transactions because you may need to make urgent purchases during transits or there may be technical issues and you’re unable to use your card. You really don’t want to get stranded, especially in a foreign (non English speaking) country. I also recommend you have some foreign currency if traveling outside your country and remember to notify your Bank if you plan to use your bank cards outside the country.
3) A big Sun Hat – I think this is a must have if you’re going to a warm and sunny place. Some people live and die for tans but I’m not one of them (lol). So, I try to protect my skin with the big fan hats and they always look so stylish with good old fashioned sunglasses.
4) A Sunscreen – By now I think everyone gets the picture that vacation to me usually equals somewhere sunny. So, with the sun comes the potential to get sun burns. A good sunscreen with great coverage at least SPF 30 is essential and can be a life saver.
5) Sunglasses – You can never have too many sunglasses. I love bold & unique sunglasses. Although it protect your eyes from the sun, it also frames your face very well and glams you up.
6) Phone and Charger – I call my phone my mini hand held brain because it literally keeps me organized and connected. If you’re going to a different country you have to research what type of outlets they have and buy the appropriate travel chargers. You also want to make sure you contact your phone service provider to make sure you have an international plan or you can just use whats app unless you want to disconnect from the world.
7) A good book – I love to read, from thrillers to romance to mystery, I read it all. So, since I haven’t had enough time to enjoy a good book, I usually take a few books to read while on vacation. Nothing says a nice vacation than laying on the beach, reading a good book and sipping on a delicious cocktail.
8) Headphones and good music – This is a must have when traveling especially if you have a long trip. This is a time for me to relax, catch up and enjoy good music.
9) A sexy Swimsuit – Yes I said “sexy” because everyone needs at least one fun and sexy swimsuit in their closet or should I say travel bag. Vacation is just not about feeling good, but also looking good.
10) Comfortable footwear like sneakers, sandals or flip flops – This is very important for comfort. My sneakers were on of the first to go into my luggage because I vowed to work out throughout my trip so I wouldn’t gain weight.
So this wraps up my list. Feel free to share your own list in the comment section. I’d love to know what is a must have for you while traveling.
Have a fabulous day.